Hey there! Before reading the article which is about Green lines on Windows 10 laptop [Easy guide], you should read about green lines on screen windows 10. It shares basic information about this article and also adds more value to it. Do let us know how you feel about it in the comment section below. Happy Reading! Really glad that you are here.
If you are using a laptop with Windows 10, you might have noticed that some parts of the screen are colored green. This might be annoying but it is not hard to fix. First, you have to find out the driver of your graphic card and uninstall it. After that, you can reinstall the newest driver, which should solve the problem.
It’s very simple to fix the problem of Windows 10 laptop displaying the green lines on the screen. This is not a hardware problem. The problem is that your old driver for your GPU is not properly installed and running. The solution is to update or install the driver. And that’s what this article is about.
In this article, we have listed some troubleshooting steps that will help you to troubleshoot and easily fix horizontal green line on your Windows 10 laptop.
How do I fix the green lines on my Windows 10 laptop?
1. Graphics Card Driver Update
Outdated or damaged video card drivers may cause display problems, including green lines at the top or bottom of the notebook screen. To resolve this issue, update your display drivers to the latest available version.
Although you can manually update your video card’s drivers through Device Manager, video driver update software like DriverFix can make this process safer and easier.
Update Results If you are a gamer, photo/video producer, or work with visually intensive processes on a daily basis, you already know how important your graphics card (GPU) is.
To make sure that everything goes well and no GPU driver errors occur, it is best to use a comprehensive driver update wizard that will solve your problems in a few clicks. We recommend DriverFix.
Follow these simple steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Start the software.
- Wait until DriverFix has detected all defective drivers.
- The application will now show you all the drivers that have problems, and you only need to select the one you want to fix.
- Wait until the application has downloaded and installed the latest drivers.
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Let your GPU perform at its best without worrying about drivers.
Denial: This program must be upgraded from the free version to perform specific actions.
2. BIOS Update
- Press the Windows key and type cmd.
- Right-click on the command prompt and select Run as administrator.
- In the command prompt window, type the following command and press Enter:
wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion
- The above command displays the BIOS or UEFI firmware installed on your computer.
- Once you have the BIOS version, open the laptop manufacturer’s website.
- Go to the download centre and enter your laptop details.
- Check the boot page to see if there is a BIOS update available for your laptop.
- Download the BIOS and the file and unzip it.
- Open the readme.txt file and follow the instructions to update the BIOS.
We have a detailed guide on updating the BIOS in Windows 10 where you can find more information. After updating the BIOS, check if the green lines on your Windows 10 laptop have disappeared.
3. Check for hardware problems
- You can check if the horizontal green line on your notebook screen is due to hardware problems with the display or due to a software error by booting into the BIOS.
- To do this, turn off the computer.
- Then press the power button to turn the device on. Depending on the manufacturer of your laptop, start with F2/Del/F10/F12 to open the Windows 10 BIOS. Refer to your laptop’s user manual for more information on how to access the BIOS.
- After opening the BIOS, check that the horizontal green line is visible. If it is not visible, exit the BIOS, restart the computer normally, and perform the other steps described below.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to check for Windows problems.
Press Repair Everything to troubleshoot proprietary technology.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the recovery process replaces the damaged files with new Windows files and components.
A green horizontal line visible in the BIOS indicates a possible hardware error in the monitor. Try replacing the LCD by contacting the notebook manufacturer.
Also try connecting the laptop to a second monitor. Check that the green horizontal line also appears on the secondary monitor. If not, you may need to replace the notebook screen to fix the problem.
4. Backspace of the screen driver
- Press Windows key + R to open Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK to open the Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, expand the Display Adapters section.
- Right-click on the current display adapter.
- Select the properties.
- In the Properties window, open the Drivers tab.
- Click on the Roll Back Driver button. If the option is grayed out, go to the next step.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset the display driver.
Once the rollback is complete, restart your computer and check that the green lines on your Windows 10 laptop have disappeared.
5. Reinstall the monitor driver
- Open the Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, expand the Display Adapters section.
- Right-click on the current display adapter and select Uninstall Device.
- Select the Remove drivers for this device check box.
- Press Uninstall to confirm the action.
- After uninstalling, restart the computer.
After rebooting, Windows will automatically reinstall the required driver for your display adapter. After that, check if the green lines appear on your Windows 10 laptop.
6. Installing Windows Standby Updates
- Press Windows key + I to open the settings.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Download and install all updates.
- After installation, restart the computer and check for improvements.
Green lines on a Windows 10 laptop are usually due to outdated video card drivers. If the problem persists after updating the driver, check the laptop screen for hardware errors.
Have our solutions worked for you? If so, let us know in the comments below.
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about black screen with green lines pc and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why green line appears on laptop screen?
When you look at your laptop screen you probably see nothing but a few pixels in the corner of your eyes. However, if you were to look at your screen at certain angles you might notice a green line that is left on the screen after you have closed a program. This is known as the taskbar, and it will be a topic of discussion in this blog post. ~ Windows 10 users often complain of green lines on their screen. As you know, the most common cause of green lines on windows 10 screen is a software problem. However, when the laptop screen is covered in green lines, it could be due to a hardware problem. There are several devices in a laptop that could malfunction and cause the screen to show green lines.
How do I fix the green line on my laptop screen?
This is a common problem for laptop screens, and chances are you’ve never been able to fix it on your own. It’s usually caused by some part of the screen not being properly connected to the motherboard. Luckily, the fix for this problem is almost always the same: open your laptop and check that all of the cables are securely fastened to the motherboard. If you find that a cable isn’t secure, tighten the screws that hold it in place. So you just got your new laptop. It’s shiny, sleek and pretty. You login to your favorite website and see green lines. You think the problem is the screen – but it isn’t. The problem is to do with your laptop’s graphics card, and the solution isn’t simple. In fact, it could take hours. But don’t worry, here’s how to fix the green lines on your laptop screen.
How do I update my graphics driver Windows 10?
It is very important to keep your graphics driver on your computer up-to-date. As an example, when you use a mobile phone, you always receive operating system updates on a regular basis. When you receive these updates, you’ll be required to download and install the latest graphics driver that’s compatible with this new operating system. If you do not install the latest graphics driver, you may experience visual glitches and performance issues. Graphics drivers are pieces of software that allow your computer to display images on your monitor. Graphics drivers are usually developed by the companies that manufacture your graphics card, and are updated on an almost monthly basis as the technology improves. When you update the graphics driver, you are simply updating the files that tell your computer how to display images on your monitor.
Feedback,green lines on monitor horizontallygreen lines on windows startupnvidia green lines on screennew pc green lines on screengreen line on laptop screen hpgreen line on laptop screen – dell,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,green lines on screen windows 10,green lines on screen when starting computer,green lines on monitor horizontally,black screen with green lines pc,windows 10 green vertical lines,green lines on windows startup,green lines on bios screen,nvidia green lines on screen